Sunday, June 6, 2010

Walter Sear - A man of outstanding skill in his field.

Walter just recently passed. He's not a photographer, but a studio sound engineer, and he was a man of a dying perspective. I am posting this article because he shares a similar concern within his own medium, expressed quite well in a 6 part series he wrote in the 90's called, "What Have They Done to My Art?", scroll down a little ways and you will see links to each part in PDF.

Worth reading, they are not that long, they are very funny, and the insight they contain extends beyond the area of recording sound. Though, I'm sure many of us with passionate interests in the visual also have interest in the aural. I do, I'm a stereo nut. At least check out PT 3, and find out how Mr. Sear found himself hiding underneath his mixing console after a confrontation with Mickey Mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment